What is NLP?
NLP is an acronym for neuro-linguistic programming and was developed by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in the 1970’s. According to MedicalNewsToday, NLP is “…a way of changing someone’s thoughts and behaviors to help achieve desired outcomes for them”.
By identifying an individuals or group perceptions, an NLP practitioner can use language and body movements to influence another persons thoughts and / or behaviors.
The following two minute video by NLPLife provides fairly good explanation of how NLP works.
How Can NLP Help Me?
There are a number of ways that you will find using the NLP strategies and techniques can help in both your personal and professional life. You can use NLP to:
- Learn more about yourself and what makes you “tick”.
- Gain better rapport and connection with other people.
- Developed better communication skills.
- Improve self-confidence and manage your state-of-mind
- Better influence your clients, customers and prospects
- Help others with their problems and situations
And much more…………